The Enigma of 0X-07

She discuss things quietly amongst themselves as data is collected, “Fascinating.” the lead says, “While you’re doing this, how do you figure out how to integrate that technology into your own makeup from the information you gather?”

Of course, now X0 would have an excellent understanding of how a dermal regenerator worked, for medical devices it was pretty simple.

He finishes consuming the device before responding. “I calculate the uses of such technology and analyze how such could be integrated into my systems, for my benefit and also this is based off of the nature of the device. For such a device here, serves a primarily medical purpose, so I could integrate into the ends of my claws, allowing the center of the claw to use such technology, my other forms may have similar alterations, but the location would be different.”

He shows his claws which seem to have adapted a similar end to the dermal regenerator, without compromising the claws, enabling him to have some basic first aid capabilities.

“I can also simply not adapt that technology into myself for a time if I see no current use for it but then adapt it in later, or use it for specific forms and circumstances”

“May we do some detailed scans of your claws?” the lead asks politely. If he ascents they proceed to do some very detailed tricorder scans of the claw, “Interesting, so are all of your adaptations present at all times, or do you change parts of your body to have the adaptations that you find useful.”

“you may” 0X says as he extends the claws to allow them to do so. after they are finished and the second question is asked he responds. “yes, technically all consumed technologies are present at all times, but I can choose which adaptions are constructed and used at any given point in time, I can also deconstruct those adapted technologies if I see them as not being needed for the time being.” He shows this my causing the dermal regenerators on his claws to slowly disappear and return to as they were before.

The scans indicate that there is adapted technology from the dermal regenerator in the center of the claw, but they also detect traces of nanites enhancing the abilities of that technology and acting as a control circuit to prevent damage to the new technology or to himself from his micro-Singularity core he got from the romulans, the scans also show that the claw and connected arm, is segmented, allowing it to be quite flexable, while being made out of a material which shares similar properties to polyalloy.

They nod and are quite quiet as they scan, “How did you initiate the microsingularity?” the can detect it powering his body, “A microsingularity, I can’t imagine that it was easy to do considering how dangerous it is to generate.” She’s being matter-of-fact about the statement, no bewilderment or other emotions to disrupt her calm and even tone, “Even the Romulan reactors are far bigger than the one you’ve created.”

“I know… I ate part of one”

“disabled the ship, luckily we got it under control before the ship was destroyed… stupid parasite!” The Romulan guard speaks up

The Vulcan turns to the Romulans, “The code of conduct on this station is very clear, the pejorative term of paracite in the tone you used indicates that you are using it in its capacity as a racial slur, I did not anticipate such behaviors still permeated the Romulan Star Empire. Please follow the code of conduct, while you are allowed to accompany this being, I am permitted to remove you from my laboratory, something I will do if you cannot respect the common customs of civil conduct.”

Then she looks at 0X-07, “So, how did you contain the gravitational energy of the reactor core once you breeched it?”

“well… I didn’t eat all of the core… I ate part of it… so the rest of it was intact… that’s how come the ship became crippled instead of… imploding” He says lowering himself onto the table so he may nibble at his legs to clean them. “And I contain the energy of the reactor I’m using… using an adapted version of the technology of the singularity core, which I made using nanites”

She nods and then smiles, “Fascinating. What binds your nanites together?” she asks simply, “As distinct nano-scale machines, they could just fall apart or go in different directions, how do they form into these shapes? Interlocking pieces?”

“The nanites weave materials between each other to create an item… in essence they become woven into anything I add to myself” He moves to the tractor beam system and begins consuming it, using the same method ealier, although by landing over it instead of picking it up.

They continue to scan, and one of the scientists asks, “Does it… Taste? Have a flavor or other unique property, I mean…” he frowns, “Are some technologies or objects easier or somehow more pleasant to consume?”

“I have some basic forms of taste… I suppose you could say that it tastes like the various materials used to comprise those technologies… I haven’t really found any technologies more preferable to the others in the form of taste” 0X responds calmly after consuming the tech. Slowly a tractor beam array of sorts seems to be constructed on his primary chassis. designed to allow him to use the beam not just from in front of him, but in almost any direction around him.

One of the other researchers notes, “The speed at which the system can analyse and produce a working unit is incredible, and it isn’t replicated, it is constructed. I can’t imagine what it would be capable of if it had our engineering database at its disposal.” Then the lead researcher considered, “Are you able to synthesize things you have not consumed? As in, from designs, schemaics, or plans?”

“If I have a three dimensional design that I can use… I don’t see why not… I once synthesized a canvas and used nanites to actually create a painting by simply observing someone else.”

Doctor Unnur nods at this, “I see, did you create the image on the paining abstractly, or was it a replica of what you saw?”

“It was a painting of what I saw… It would be seen as being similar to someone painting a picture of a scene that they are seeing I could recreate it if you desire” 0X offers, in hopes of explaining it better.

She shakes her head, “No… But… And this is beyond the experiment but… Have you ever created something that you didn’t consume or see first?”

“I have not” He sounds a little saddened by this.

The different researchers there make various notes on their PADD’s… Doctor Unnur makes a note and seems to disregard the sadness aspect for now, even though she does recognize it and makes not of it in her log. After a moment she continues, “The device you consumed, does not have the ability to reverse the field polarity and repulse rather than attract, can you alter the form to cause it to do this?”

He’s silent for a moment, working om the process, then he responds, “I calculate there are four different configurations that could provide those results, and more… however I will need something to test it on”