New Jabber Server (As if we need it...)

So, I know quite a few people who still use AIM (AOL Instant Messenger, or rather fully expanded American Online Instant Messenger). I myself have had my name on there MrCyMan since 1997 and with the service shutting down a lot of people may be looking for an instant messaging service. In light of this and the recent server upgrade, I have added that capability to the web site. While I recommend people use Discord, some don’t want to (no idea why). So if anyone knows anyone who would like to use an IM service to replace AIM, our system now has a fully operational Jabber / XMPP server.

To sign up for service, one has to go to https://account.blazingumbra.com and sign up for a new account. This will give them email and such things, but also allow them access to the Jabber server. The server name will be blazingumbra.com and their login will be their email username (the part before the @ symbol). That being said they can also login just using their email address on most clients.

I recommend the use of Trillian for IM services, it works on Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. There are a good number of other clients available. Our server supports both server-to-server messaging (you can message users on other XMPP enabled servers) as well as Multi-User Chat rooms.