Military and Supernaturals

There is a lot I haven’t written down about how supernaturals and the military work in Angelic Sins, so here’s a conversation that happened on Discord which explains some of it.

Cyclops

@Bucket there is a highly classified branch of each branch of the military which is kind of like special forces meets supernatural

It’s in the wiki somewhere

Bucket

Can I flesh out those branches?

Cyclops

Basically, what I said, the US military recruits, experiments, and even breeds supernaturals in secret, something for which the supernatural community hates them – creating a lot of tension.

Cyclops

The base which Lance operates in Los Angeles, CA is called Ad Undas, it is a “last chance” base, basically he gets all the ones who won’t follow orders, failed experiments, and all that prior to being classified as a military threat and terminated.

Bucket

Chains of command, organization, loadouts and MO

Cyclops

There are similar bases as well, Lance is of course part of the US Navy, he himself was an experiment.

If you want to flesh it out, you can, but I don’t know how much of the work is on the wiki, so post it to the forum under Infinite Codex and ping me on the post so I can review it.

Bucket

My character is gonna be a Marine. Maybe she’ll know who Lance is lol

Cyclops

Well, you should be aware
if she knows who Lance is
she probably hates him

Bucket

I’m planning on writing this character as someone who hates everyone except for family anyways

Cyclops

Lance is well known within USN supernatural forces, he is known to be insane, violent, even brutal, with a pension for womanizing amongst vampires and demons.

However, his base is also known as where you do not want to end up but it is also known to do everything they can to make sure you don’t get terminated.

Dasfier

So that’s why the Anika and Lance hate each other?

Bucket

Hm… now do I want her to be stationed there or in a MARSOC base nearby?

Cyclops

Bucket, go to town, but stuff will require approval, but keep in mind the setting, it should be dark and fucked up.

Das, one of the reasons, yes.

I have to work, but Das, remind me later to tell you about why.

Bucket

I mean, I was thinking more about the organizational side of the lore than what exactly they do

Dasfier

Sounds good

Bucket

I’ll try my best though, probably make a doc and send it to you before I post anything

Chiltimetztli

bucket make AS SCP foundation (edited)

Bucket

Huh?
Ooh

Chiltimetztli

I’m kidding

Bucket

Can I?

Cyclops

@Bucket a doc or post it to infinite Codex

Chiltimetztli

But it’s good to have some inspiration

Cyclops

No, SCP may exist in AS, I don’t know yet.

Chiltimetztli

Its pretty dark(edited)

Bucket

Yeah. SCP is crazy shit

Would the supernaturals get sent into combat?

Or just experimented on?

Cyclops

However, the US Military will not be Foundation, the US Military in this case will be everything fucked up that could happen if the military had complete secrecy and unlimited funding to do what they will with people who could be not considered people because they were somehow special. Borrowing ideas from X-Men.

In the Lore when WWIII breaks out in the late 21st century, the US Military and other world forces send their supernatural units into full scale war, which results in nearly wiping out the supernatural population of Earth.(edited)

Bucket

Oo, that gives me a shit ton of freedom

Do they still get used though?

Or do they want to avoid a total purge

Cyclops

It isn’t a total purge, but they are put on the front lines and sent against each other while governments experiment with how to make them deadlier and deadlier, calling upon supernatural populations of the world to volunteer. In the Lore, after the first nukes drop during WWIII the supernaturals are forced into service through [insert something I haven’t written here], this causes their people to be among the largest casualties.

By the time we get to the end of WWIII in … I think 2053, there are almost no supernaturals left.

The war lasts from 2026 to 2053

World War III (2026 – 2053) was the last of Earth’s three world wars. The conflict involved nuclear cataclysm as well as genocide and eco-terrorism. (Star Trek: First Contact; DIS: "New Eden…

Bucket

Dang, six years till all our characters start dropping like flies

Cyclops

The major losses won’t occur until the bombs start dropping

Dasfier

Interesting

Cyclops

I had always intended there to be something where a the supernaturals band together to try to fight the humans as their numbers dwindle and get nuked for it near the end of WW3