It's me... Isn't it? - Short story

Is it me…? - Drem

She held her head… she had returned to her old quarters on the station, but something was different… it felt the same, but something was off…

Is it me?

No… I haven’t changed… right? Its only been a day since I appeared here… what happened? The universe feels the same, lance is back, everyone I know is here, but something is missing from this point…

As she sat down on the bed, she leaned back… damn her head hurt… her vision starts to fuzz lightly… she backs up onto the bed… she curled up, head burried in her knees, thats what it was…

I can’t forgive myself…

She knew she could’ve saved the previous lance if she just tried…

she couldn’t tell if the lance of this universe could spot any signs of what was going on…

“It was my fault…” she said to herself… “Lances death…My crew members going insane…” she felt like she was going insane herself, her legs tightened up to her chest as she whimpered…

suddenly the door opened, Lance stood at the door
"Drem, we need to ta-" his eyes opened and he instantly stopped speaking… drem was curled up on her bed, obvious marks of tears on her… he slowly closed the door and walked over to her, sitting by her “Drem…Whats going on?” He said, a slight tone of worry…

“N…Nothing…I’m fine…” she quickly said, drying her tears… she didn’t want to look to him… she…seemed scared…he didn’t want to push her, so he just sat there, wrapping his arms around her comfortingly…

after what seemed like half an hour, she had calmed down… her tears did not fall, she had stayed silent…

“Do you wanna talk now?” He lightly said to her in a calm voice…he leans down to her, lightly pulling black strands of hair away from her face so he could see her face properly…she seemed to be a bit shy… it was sort of adorable… he warmly smiled to drem

She lightly nodded to him… it took her a few seconds before she started talking “I-I…I just… you died…in my old universe… I had just gone to soteria for the day with my crew… and nobody alerted me that your ship had caught fire until it was too late… I-I got the report you died… And I…I shouldn’t have asked to take a leave…I could’ve been out there… I could’ve saved you…” she curled up a bit more…

lance lightly sighed and pulled her closer “Its not your fault… for whatever reason you needed to leave, i’m sure it was important…” he lightly runs his fingers through her hair, detangling it carefully… her long, black silky hair was lightly draped over her back…
“I…” drem hadn’t talked this much in awhile… she thought to herself that she may have sounded needy or annoying… so she decided to stop…

After some time with lance talking drem through, and helping her, lance figured he should head out… he stayed with drem for a few more minutes, lightly running fingers through her hair and talking to her, she was about asleep… he carefully layed her down and pulled the blankets over her, pushing her hair away from her face… “Goodnight, Drem…” he whispered… he headed toward the door before hearing her whisper back to him “Thank you…Lance…” he smiled lightly and headed out toward the tavern…

//I have no clue whatsoever on how to properly be ‘lance’ so sorry if his pieces aren’t as realistic as cy can do.

It worked fine, it would fall into the fudge for this particular thing. We could turn that night into a full RP on the forum though, if you’d prefer?

(Oshitwaddup)

Thats up to you, That’d be cool tho. It was just a short little thing I wrote up when I was at dinner.