Introduction - Dr. Winterdawn

Dispatching generic introduction… DONE.
Transmitting message:

Greetings {DOMINANT_SPECIES}!

You may call me Dr. Winterdawn, or Winter for short. Normally I don’t disclose my name, age, gender or country of origin - I prefer being a mysterious entity. Though some of you might already know some details already, so it’s pointless to keep it a secret.

Of course, I don’t mind if you ask me about one of the aforementioned details. A matrix with the likely-hood for each detail to be given an answer will be sent to you beforehand via a suitable private messaging method.

I am a full-time software developer. Albeit sometimes boring, the current job is okay. Typical moments of frustration that occur during programming aside, it’s fairly relaxed.

Besides programming, gaming, reading books and role-playing I’m also interested in a wide range of scientific topics. Such topics include, but are not limited to computer science, virtual/augmented reality, artificial intelligence, robotics, cybernetics, transhumanism and various more I cannot think of right now.

Generally I have no specific preference towards a genre: science fiction, fantasy, cyber/steampunk and so on are all fine to me. The same goes for game genres, it all depends how much I like the work itself - so I have a fairly mixed and random collection in my (game) library.

People usually associate me with science, AIs or androids. Most of my primary characters are usually androids and/or scientists. I even created a fantasy setting from scratch only to justify playing an android character (yes, it was a bunch of effort to make it work and have it blend in with the fantasy setting, but it was worth it and people seemed to have enjoyed the setting).

I don’t know how to conclude this introduction. I guess this picture of an smiling(?) android girl will do:

I like androids. Did I say that already?

Winter, out.

Transmission successful. Terminated.

2 Likes

You remind me of a friend from a forum / IRC, who is an engineer in Canada. She used to say “greetings earthlings” as hello all the time. :smile:

Damn, I got exposed. I knew it was a bad idea to use that form of greeting.

Is that actually you? From the Elliquiy IRC chat room?

I don’t think so. And I’m not a Canadian, eh.

Though I was active on IRC servers before Discord.